SBTC offers valuable benefits and resources for all of its members. In addition to our vigorous lobbying efforts in Washington, D.C., SBTC members benefit from our vast expertise in tax simplification and fairness, procurement, regulatory reform, affordable health care, small business technology funding, and small-business exporting. Additionally, we offer various member-only discounts for critical small-business products including lending and shipping.
Ignite your connections with key decision makers and other small-business leaders
Building an inspired, engaged and resourceful small-business community is SBTC’s vision. Our mission is to help our members be their best by building human connections to knowledge, ideas, issues and marketplaces. For small-business owners all across the U.S., Virgin Islands, Guam, and Puerto Rico, SBTC is the national community that multiplies their voice and potential.
- Influencing the development of the small-business community
- Increasing business opportunities in the marketplace
- Providing a forum to discuss ideas and policies with influential policymakers
- Building the small-business community’s future through lobbying and representing the interests of America’s entrepreneurs.
Be Part of the Small-Business Community
Join SBTC and maximize your investment by getting involved. The value you receive is directly related to your level of involvement. As an SBTC member you’ll benefit from:
- Leadership opportunities – Enrich your personal and professional development opportunities by getting involved as a committee chair or volunteer.
- Events – Attend SBTC events in Washington, D.C. and beyond to meet with lawmakers and White House officials, and hear from key thought-leaders and members of the media.
- Latest news – Get the most up-to-date analysis on the issues that matter most to your small business through our constantly updated website, our electronic newsletter, “The Weekly Advocate” and our various social media sites.
- Talk to your elected officials – Become an active advocate for SBTC through our Action Center and, with just a few moments a week, keep your lawmakers abreast of the key issues for your small business.
- Educational opportunities – In addition to our excellent analysis and reporting, as a member of SBTC and part of the NSBA network, you can participate in NSBA’s Issue Briefing teleconference series on myriad issues and resource topics.
- Participate in NSBA’s widely-cited surveys – You can provide your opinions in a number of NSBA and SBTC surveys, including the two biannual economic reports and a variety of targeted surveys.
- Professional recognition – SBTC provides members with a web-sticker signifying that you are part of our community of advocates. We also recognize five outstanding small-business advocates each year which can be a great way to spotlight your achievements.
In addition to the various advocacy and education benefits you gain from being a member, NSBA and SBTC have partnered with a number of organizations to offer discounts on everything from shipping to financing, as well as various insurance and online benefits. These benefits are exclusive to NSBA and SBTC members.